Welcome to Hickman Elementary School
Hickman Elementary School is a charter school of choice with the educational philosophy that learning best occurs when:
- Each child is provided a customized educational experience.
- Instructional activities are meaningful and integrated.
- Assessment is used as a diagnostic tool to guide instruction.
- Real-life, context-based learning is emphasized.
- Fruitful collaboration and respect exists between students, staff and parents.
- Expectations and accountability are high.
- Parents are involved in the educational process on a daily basis.
- Parents and community members are valued as a vital component in student success.
- Students are given opportunities to make responsible decisions.
- Student input is valued, promoted and acknowledged.
- Students feel safe and secure in their learning environment.
- There is enrichment through direct and effective access to technology, field trips, exposure to the arts, and extra-curricular activities.
Week at a Glance
Local Air Quality
Click the event name for more information.